- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident.(TCA 8-16-101)
- All notaries must be 18 years of age or older.
- A notary is elected to a four year term by the county legislative body in the county where he/she resides or has principal place of business. Your application and $14.00 fee must be received in our office two weeks prior to the next County Court meeting in order to be voted on at the next meeting. The application must be notarized.
- A $10,000.00 bond for the term of office is required. (Do not get your bond before your commission is issued. Our office will contact you with your commission date.)
- The notary public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
- Additional information can be found at Tennessee Notary Public Handbook.